out of ideas, wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i finally had someone watch while i crank, its not spraying at all, any suggestions? fuel filter?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Now test fuel pressure. You have to Tee in a gauge where the fuel filter goes. TBI small block spec is 9~13 psi but you really want to see at least 10.

If you DON'T have fuel pressure then the likely suspect is the pump.

If you DO have fuel pressure then the likely suspect is the ignition module inside the distributor.

If fuel pressure good + no injector spray is also combined with no spark at the plugs, then the ignition module is really bad.

Richard

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of replacing the sending unit in the tank now, it definitly has pressure, don't have a gauge on me but I'll probably buy one or rent one.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i have no spark at spark plugs, the only other ignition thing i haven't changed is pickup-coil. Any other ideas

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final digenosis: Pickup coil and Fuel pump relay. $30 worth of parts fixed it after i threw 250 at it lol

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Final digenosis: Pickup coil and Fuel pump relay. $30 worth of parts fixed it after i threw 250 at it lol

Good news. Still cheaper than taking it to a mechanic and you have updated some stuff.