Open element air filter 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Debating about putting an open element air filter on my 350 TBI anyone have pics of setups they run and pros and cons of doing this, and a link to the parts you used, thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bad idea. hot air means less power. gut your stock air cleaner housing and put a smooth tube in place of the restriction box. you will gain more then a open element.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
just flip the lid on the stock cleaner upside down, see how it does, if you don't like it then you haven't wasted any money.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
pro's (sort of) : Looks cool when the hood is opened, makes more noise on accel.

Con's: Drops the density of the intake air (not good).

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just some info from somebody that has done the open element filter on my 95 350tbi
I had done mine about 3 years ago. it sound good but that was about it.
last summer I put the factory filter housing back together with the jegs silencer remover tube and lost the sound but the seat of the pants take off felt a lot better

just from my experience if you haven't done any modifications inside the motor I wouldn't mess with the intake unless you don't mind