One owner '95 k1500 from PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwrfool

Reaction score
Yep I bought it new in June of 95. It's been constantly changing and evolving over the years since. I drive it daily and tow a travel trailer with it often.
Currenty: 383 cid tbi, nv3500 (5 speed), 6" procomp lift, 35 mt or 33 at pro comp tires depending on the season, 14 bolt sf in the rear, stainless steel brake dual piston calipers in the front with slotted rotors, 15 year old custom sound system designed and built by me ( and it still sounds good), cust blue paint and some mild body mods.

then
You must be registered for see images attach

now

15 yr old sub box

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and good looking truck. Love the color, not a fan of the mirrors, but to each his own. Good to see you're still loving your truck 15 years later.

pwrfool

Reaction score
I didn't like the mirrors either when they first went on. They've grown on me since then, and when extended out they do make backing the camper into the garage and campsites much easier.
It's a tight fit but it's only crowded like this in the winter. The rest of the time it's just me.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the mirrors either when they first went on. They've grown on me since then, and when extended out they do make backing the camper into the garage and campsites much easier.
It's a tight fit but it's only crowded like this in the winter. The rest of the time it's just me.

Ya, I understand the usage and the concept, and I love towing mirrors, I just hate the shape of them. I wish that someone would make a bracket that would allow the newer GM towing mirrors to fit onto our trucks without any modification to the truck itself.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please tell me that huge garage is yours. Nice truck and really cool that you've owned an obs since day one. Question for you where did you get the dual piston calipers and did you notice a significant improvement with them? I ask because I recently replaced all of my brake lines with stainless and a new master cylinder and I still can't lock the brakes up on this thing when I stomp on the pedal. Brakes are way better than they were before I replaced all this stuff, but still not where I want them to be.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, I understand the usage and the concept, and I love towing mirrors, I just hate the shape of them. I wish that someone would make a bracket that would allow the newer GM towing mirrors to fit onto our trucks without any modification to the truck itself.

i wish the dodge flip up ones would fit.... hell they may, I havent tried it yet.

welcome and nice looking truck.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wish the dodge flip up ones would fit.... hell they may, I havent tried it yet.

welcome and nice looking truck.

They do, with some tweaking. However, I just wish they didn't stick out so far even when laid down.

pwrfool

Reaction score
Nope I should have bought it when it was up for sale but I hesitated so now I still just rent there. ( And that's only half of it the other side is just as big). Oh and my trailer is 30 ft long so that should give ya an idea of the depth of this place too. Believe me if it comes up for sale again I'm grabbing it.
The calipers came from Stainless Steel Brake Corp. like these:
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...r/1995/Model/K1500-PICKUP/?keyword=brake+kits
The price has gone up a bit since I bought mine years ,but so has everything else in the world.
I would say they heped a little I don't think I would say significant like I was hoping. The bigger drums/shoes on the 14 bolt semi floater rear helped out too.

Please tell me that huge garage is yours. Nice truck and really cool that you've owned an obs since day one. Question for you where did you get the dual piston calipers and did you notice a significant improvement with them? I ask because I recently replaced all of my brake lines with stainless and a new master cylinder and I still can't lock the brakes up on this thing when I stomp on the pedal. Brakes are way better than they were before I replaced all this stuff, but still not where I want them to be.

Last edited:

pwrfool

Reaction score
Yep there is a thread on a different site about mounting them. And I think there is one about the newer body style on our old style as well.
Mine have been on there so long they've grown on me. Plus when I got them there was only a few out there to pick from.

They do, with some tweaking. However, I just wish they didn't stick out so far even when laid down.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I got ya, you're a trendsetter :lol:

You still have such a nice truck man. That color is absolutely amazing.