? on drop and fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I now I've been kinda dead on here since the trucks been painted but have a question, as soon as I stop being lazy and finish my drop to bring the truck down to a 5/7 drop what size tires can I fit on there cause I'm thinkin I want to put some 22's on here at some point and time all input is appreciated.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like a size 265/35/22 they are 29.3 tall, and the stock size 235/75/15 is 28.9 in. tall, so they are close to stock size and that size in a 22 still has a little bit of sidewall. I have seen plenty of truck's clear stock's with a 5-7 drop, you just need to be sure your rim's will tuck.

countryss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like a size 265/35/22 they are 29.3 tall, and the stock size 235/75/15 is 28.9 in. tall, so they are close to stock size and that size in a 22 still has a little bit of sidewall. I have seen plenty of truck's clear stock's with a 5-7 drop, you just need to be sure your rim's will tuck.

Lol I was hoping you would be one of the ones to post in here, now with that size and drop do I need to roll and tug the fenders at all

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the correct offset you should not have to flare the fender's, but yes you will definitly will want to roll the fender lips. Also like mentioned above, yeah even stock's will rub on a bump.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that depend's on the width wheel you get whether they are 9, 9.5,10 etc. Post up a wheel when you have one in mind.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Remember that a positive offset will tuck while a negative will protrude. Meaning a +40 will be 60mm closer to the engine than a -20. This is where suspension and brake clearance come in to play. If you are unsure, buy a higher positive offset and you can use spacers if needed. Never more than 1/2 unless they are bolt on spacers.

countryss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so sizes are from 22x9 to 22x11 that's what I've found as far as brakes and suspension I'm goin to use stock brakes and 2in. spindels and 3in. coils and flip kit with shakels in the rear so what would b a good off set and tire size would like to do this without spacers

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would suggest the 22x9, the 22x11's are going to need a lot of room and you will be nearly tucking the top of the tire with a flip kit already. Hopefully Sierra will stop in here and tell you what backspace his 22x9's are they tuck great.