Okay, I took your advice so far now I need more if ya don't mind...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm done and done trying to explain …. nobody is down 170 hp from accessories,exhaust,intake on a ramjet 350 period something's wrong with that setup too in your latest example ...SIMPLY Chevrolet sells them with the advertised HP and TQ slightly underrated to avoid lawsuits . those motors you cite had obvious issues ...it's a tiny camshaft with 400 ft lbs is all I need to know when its brand new ,I drive the cam now ,I have built a couple and both ran fine, it's not a dog. I'm not 6200 lbs,I have no pinging and I am not drag racing a van.

If a person compares the grossly overated gross HP of GMs crate engines and they run them in the real world to see what kind of power they are putting down, they absolutely are down a huge amount of power.
I'm done and done trying to explain …. nobody is down 170 hp from accessories,exhaust,intake on a ramjet 350 period something's wrong with that setup too in your latest example ...SIMPLY Chevrolet sells them with the advertised HP and TQ slightly underrated to avoid lawsuits . those motors you cite had obvious issues ...it's a tiny camshaft with 400 ft lbs is all I need to know when its brand new ,I drive the cam now ,I have built a couple and both ran fine, it's not a dog. I'm not 6200 lbs,I have no pinging and I am not drag racing a van.

I guess something is wrong with the CT350 sealed race engine in this article too. Run with a 4bbl carb, class legal exhaust and minimal accessories it was down 105 hp from the GM advertised crank rating at the wheels. 350 HP/390 TQ became 245 hp and 257 torque at the ground.

https://www.onedirt.com/tech/gmpp-ct350-dyno-testing-part-1-budget-options-for-added-horsepower/

One last test that will be eye opening to the comparison between Gross an Net engine HP. 40HP difference in the output of 5.3.

http://www.cpgnation.com/5-3l-accessories-what-are-they-worth/

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The same version of the 5.3 used in the accessory test above that cranked out 355 HP uncorked, makes less than 200 RWHP from the factory as installed in a truck. That is 160 HP loss compared to the engine dyno.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: