Oil Pan Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erich7667

Reaction score
I have 1995 GMC Yukon 4 wheel drive that I need to replace the oil pan. My question is. is possible to swap out my oil pan without having to lift the motor up? Thought I would ask before I get to involved. Thank You

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of this myself. It's easiest to unbolt the two motor mounts and loosen the fan shrowd and lift the engine than to drop the diff, but you can also drop the diff if you don't have the means to lift the engine.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of this myself. It's easiest to unbolt the two motor mounts and loosen the fan shrowd and lift the engine than to drop the diff, but you can also drop the diff if you don't have the means to lift the engine.

The reason that i drop the diff is that i don't have an A frame and my engine lift legs get in my way.

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had this done on my suburban, they did both, lower the diff and raise the engine , on a 7.4