Oh ****! My lift block is backing out! Pics inside, help plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys so anyways I was noticing a weird shudder at higher speeds got to looking under the truck and noticed my passenger side u bolts were so loose I could jangle them. My 5.5" lift block was backing out (towards the rear of the truck) and the center pin was broke. The pin is still in there but I'm sure it's broken. The bottom leaf spring was pulled out a little towards the tire. SO since it was so loose we pushed the leaf spring back in line by hand, banged the block back into place and tightened the **** out of it. I've been driving it like this less than a month. I keep an eye on it and my block is backing out a little again. My leaf spring was kicked out a little towards the tire so I banged it back into place and then I took a couple of pics... This time the u bolts are still pretty damn tight but the block is wanting to back out again as you see in the pics. The leaf pack block and u bolts on the driver side are fine.
You must be registered for see images attach

So, I'm basically wondering if this is fixable doing it myself. My plan is to loosen the u-bolt back up. Get the center pin going through the block out and replace it after I get the block ligned up and tighten everything back down again or am I way off? Will I have to take this to a driveline shop and have them re align the axle and all that too? The axle doesn't seem to be out of line at all, just this block problem...Let me know what yall think...I would like to do it myself cuz I can't afford another shop bill so lemme know

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate the look of a shackle flip. If I had the money I would swap in some 6" springs but I can't even afford to take this to a driveline shop and have no idea what exactly I need to do to get this fixed. I know I may need a new block, and definitely a new pin. What all would that entail???'

ANY help here is GREATLY appreciated guys.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the blocks I saw had a pin made/cast into them to hold it on the axle, yours looks like it's gone or missing. Then the one for the leaf is like a bolt with a round head, you may be able to find them somewheres, not sure, but then the block has the hole cast in it. I would have thought the top to be out of place but it looks like yours is the bottom.

97k1500z71

Reaction score
seems to me if the pin sheared you'd have to replace the block, unless you like welding to the platform...

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
i had this same exact problem. even with 12" springs and stock blocks my pin sheared off. so i took it to my local performance shop and they re tapped a new pin in and then tac welded my blocks to my axle just for some insurance. so far so good and its holding up well

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
what i ended up doing for my s10 with a 4" block... mind you that it was in lowering configuration... i got springs and a smaller block. but these blocks were different. they were milled alluminum with a steel pin wedged into them. found them on some iffy website and they were top-notch.

nodark

Reaction score
Another vote for a shackle flip. Blocks can be a weak link in your rear suspension. God forbid you put some torque to the rear wheels, resulting in a bit of spring wrap and you're gonna spit that block out (due to the broken pin).

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get it fixed asap. if you dont and that comes out goin down the road youd be screwed and it would do a lot more damage to that beautiful truck of yours