Off Road Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erhoth

Reaction score
So this has about a 17 inch shorter wheelbase than a Jeep Gladiator. What is this truck capable of off road without tearing it up? Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^ yep

And... The best self defense is not putting yourself into a situation where you need to defend yourself.

When adrenaline is pumping your logical mind goes out the window. "I just have to get up this hill no matter what happens to the truck" or "I just have to finish this race with 0 oil PSI because I'll get $100 if I finish"

Even if you don't majorly damage the truck going off road, rock chips and turn into rust bubbles real quick! And if you keep buffing out branch scrapes you'll run out of clear coat real quick also.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're very capable on certain things, terrible at others, and you comparing it to a gladiator doesn't bode well. Jeeps are good at rock crawling and anything that's low speed high articulation. They're awful at dune running, fire roads, paved roads, pretty much anything but rocks. You only have about 5" of wheel travel, so anything needing some articulation is out. The IFS shines at anything with speed (meaning 20mph and up). You'll be fine in mud, some trails, dunes, things like that, but high articulation trails will be rough.