OEM or Professional?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just installed a set of these this past november.

You must be registered for see images attach

2019-11-21_23-00-13_541-jpg.212724

Put about 4000 miles on em, no problems yet.

Didn't have the cylinder/plug numbers on them.
On a 1 to 10 scale what difficulty was the spider? Nothing wrong with mine but I read about it and it looked like a big job, you got that **** set in there like it’s a regular tune up item, lol.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a 1 to 10 scale what difficulty was the spider? Nothing wrong with mine but I read about it and it looked like a big job, you got that **** set in there like it’s a regular tune up item, lol.

Take a number of pics before you start to see how lines and hoses are routed.

If you have ever replaced the intake gasket, pulling the upper (plastic) intake is about, oh, a 3. If not, I'd say a 5. At least when removing the upper intake the distributor doesn't have to come out. Half dozen or so electrical connectors, vacuum hoses, no need to remove the throttle body. Remove the fuel lines from the intake, the fuel line bracket at the back of the engine will have to be removed to give the lines some slack, maybe even loosen the next fuel line bracket further down that's on the trans/block stud bolt. Gently pry off the big electrical connector to the spider (located behind the TB), and when the upper intake bolts are removed pry the upper intake off the spider. There's a oval shaped O-ring around the intake where the spider electrical connection comes through the upper intake. You'll need a Fel Pro upper gasket kit.

The eight injector lines each going into their respective ports on the lower intake theoretically have a clip that you squeeze to remove them, it's not uncommon to have to do some wiggling and prying on the suckers to get them out. Pay attention how the lines are routed (take pics). There are some write ups I've seen in the past that show the best way to route the MPFI injector lines (I assume you're removing the original SCPI spider and installing a MPFI spider).

Bloodwater79

Reaction score
I did one 3 weeks ago for a friend, was pretty smooth. took us about 5 hours in and out plus a run to the part store to get a new temp sensor.

Reaction score
Take a number of pics before you start to see how lines and hoses are routed.

If you have ever replaced the intake gasket, pulling the upper (plastic) intake is about, oh, a 3. If not, I'd say a 5. At least when removing the upper intake the distributor doesn't have to come out. Half dozen or so electrical connectors, vacuum hoses, no need to remove the throttle body. Remove the fuel lines from the intake, the fuel line bracket at the back of the engine will have to be removed to give the lines some slack, maybe even loosen the next fuel line bracket further down that's on the trans/block stud bolt. Gently pry off the big electrical connector to the spider (located behind the TB), and when the upper intake bolts are removed pry the upper intake off the spider. There's a oval shaped O-ring around the intake where the spider electrical connection comes through the upper intake. You'll need a Fel Pro upper gasket kit.

The eight injector lines each going into their respective ports on the lower intake theoretically have a clip that you squeeze to remove them, it's not uncommon to have to do some wiggling and prying on the suckers to get them out. Pay attention how the lines are routed (take pics). There are some write ups I've seen in the past that show the best way to route the MPFI injector lines (I assume you're removing the original SCPI spider and installing a MPFI spider).
Sounds like you’ve done a couple Nice write up