OEM or Professional?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few years ago i bout the oem ac delco wires for my 95. All of the wires where way to long. Some of them where a good foot to long. I don't get how the SBC has been around for as many years as it has and company's still can't a wire set that is the correct length as what you take off. I know yours is a 96 and the wires are different on a Vortec as a TBI.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Whatever the lifetime warranty ones are at advance auto. For the most part, wires are wires. Could spend $500 on a set but the engine doesn't care.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever the lifetime warranty ones are at advance auto. For the most part, wires are wires. Could spend $500 on a set but the engine doesn't care.

For function, yes. For fitment, not so much.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've returned more than one set to the parts store. Nowadays I don't even bother with them.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've wondered if they make these things on a sold-by-the-foot method?

That way you can make them as loose or tight as you want need. I've never seen a set from the parts store longer than the OEM ones...

There's got to be a way to make your own, right? Is there a crimper or something...

Buy a 100' spool of this this stuff and boots and fit them into SBC, LS, whatever! Would probably last a lifetime, LOL.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I've wondered if they make these things on a sold-by-the-foot method?

That way you can make them as loose or tight as you want need. I've never seen a set from the parts store longer than the OEM ones...

There's got to be a way to make your own, right? Is there a crimper or something...

Buy a 100' spool of this this stuff and boots and fit them into SBC, LS, whatever! Would probably last a lifetime, LOL.
I know summit sells "make your own length" kits... Never seen it sold by the foot tho, but someone must

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put a set of the United/Packard on mine. Quality seemed to be pretty good
I installed united plug wires. Had several issues with them unfortunately. Split a boot or two, one kept coming loose, etc... Could have been my fault, but I have installed plug wires many times over the years and this was the first time I have had any issues. Ended up replacing all of them with some autozone duralast gold set. No more issues.