OEM or Professional?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spark plug wire set, that is. Fairly significant difference in cost (especially 'cause I need two sets). Has anybody seen a difference in effectiveness, performance, or longevity? Recommendations?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I'd get the AC Delco ones, I have a set on both of my trucks.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've replaced wires in my truck twice. The first set were Taylor Spiro Pro's and I thought the ends were weird...... I bought them becasue they were going to make my truck run super awesome. The next set I bought were AC Delco.... OEM, I t think..... they came from ebay. A guy bought them but sold his Suburban, before he installed them. I'm comining up on 300K miles, and will likely be going with United Motor Products wires. That's what I have on my Saturn, and they work fine..... Supposed to be Packard wire.

I'm not paying the price for AC/OEM/Delphi wires.....too expensive in my opinion for what they are.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Delphi set I bought 2 years ago were USA made and in between in price, that would be my 1st choice.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought Moroso "Blue Max" wires but, I was kinda going with a "blue" theme on my engine too. They're low impedance (a lot less than OE) and no static noise. The boots will melt if you get them too close to the headers, LOL.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-72540

You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Delphi stuff has been very good for me. RockAuto appears to beat everybody else's price for any of them.

AC Delco 718Q OEM is $78, AC Delco 9718Q Professional is $48, Delphi XS10241 is $62. Currently RA has the 9718Q listed as "premium" (but RA's classifications change frequently). GM's OEM line is generally considered the premium parts, Professional line their second best. Which is why I find it curious they have the Professional listed as "premium".

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought Moroso "Blue Max" wires but, I was kinda going with a "blue" theme on my engine too. They're low impedance (a lot less than OE) and no static noise. The boots will melt if you get them too close to the headers, LOL.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-72540

Headers will practically melt Kryptonite in my experience!

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Just installed a set of these this past november.

2019-11-21_23-00-13_541-jpg.212724

Put about 4000 miles on em, no problems yet.

Didn't have the cylinder/plug numbers on them.