OEM ground locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
What's pics do you need in particular?

sent from what use to be a great country...
one of the junction box telling me what does what. I know the cover has it labeled, but I don't trust it. Where does the battery connect to it? and where does the fuse box connect to it?

This would be easy if the PO and car toys didn't screw it all up. its a mess right now, I'm surprised it even works.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
ok, so does the starter have 3 wires then? I cant remember since last time I replaced it. I have a brand new bosch starter in the house and it has 3 mounting points on it. So it should be the big main power wire from BAT+ to starter, the smaller wire from BAT+ to starter, and another smaller wire going from the starter to the junction box on firewall?

The 3 Wire mounting studs on the starter are labeled R, S and M. M being the main power supply wire.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Skylark, I found the location for the ground by the power steering pulley ( I have the power steering out at the moment). You wouldn't happen to know the bolt thread size for that ground do you? I tried several bolts with no luck.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Skylark, I found the location for the ground by the power steering pulley ( I have the power steering out at the moment). You wouldn't happen to know the bolt thread size for that ground do you? I tried several bolts with no luck.
3/8 course. I would used the holes on the passenger side of the block unless you have a drivers side battery tray.

As for the starter you use the "S" terminal.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1993 GMC Truck two grounds are on the frame right under where the A/C drain from the evaporator it goes to right under the lower heater hoses you can’t miss them.

mistercrowley

Reaction score
Can anyone help with this wire? I am going with the assumption that it is a ground since it is on the frame...

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

'92 Chevy Scottsdale K1500 4.3L V6 5-spd