"ODB"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadrunner

Reaction score
I got a little bit more work done today on the truck. Most of it was focused around the drivers door and getting a working door key. When I got the truck I didn't get a door key with it so after fixing the door handles, window motor and hinge pins it was time to get a key made so I can finish putting the interior back together. Cutting the key was simple after removing the cylinder and pulling it apart to expose the tumbler pins and after eyeballing it I went to work with the file. This one works a bit different with the ones I've done in the past. It appears to be a wafer type with the locking tabs 90 out. I ended up getting after a rough cut on the first try, I was a bit worried it would be difficult but that was not the case.

I took a few pics to show a little bit of the progress I've made on it over the past week or two and after lots of work it's looking like a decent truck. I'm halfway thinking of updating its status from turd to survivor as it's really starting to turn around nice.

There is still a sizable mountain of work to make it through. The front end still needs work the rear bumper needs to be replaced. The engine is getting torn out and another built up again and the vulnerable 700r4 needs to be rebuilt. I will be working over the small stuff until I get the parts truck completely stripped and another project made into a roller. After that it will be on to the engine and trans builds.

You must be registered for see images attach