OBDII Not Working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Suburban's SES light popped on yesterday and I went to AutoZone to get the code(s) read, but the reader didn't work. Looking back I should've asked to use a different reader, but assuming another one does the same thing what could it mean? The fuses are all good and I have power to the cigarette lighter and two 12v receptacles (I checked those because I read that they share the same circuit...is that true?). Bad ECM maybe?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Came in here to post about fuses as I've witnessed them causing this issue on a friend's F-body, but if they're all good then honestly yeah I'd be blaming the reader. Either that or there's a break in your wiring to the diagnostic port somewhere.

1999bigburb

Reaction score
I have recently ran into this as well, try unplugging your abs module and try reading again. Turns out my abs module was pooched and because of that the reader wouldn't read anything. I was initially trying to see why my abs was on, During troubleshooting we unplugged the abs module and everything linked up and codes could be read. Plugged it back in and nothing. I swapped out the abs module and all was scanning as it should and the abs light was gone.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd try disconnecting the ABS module, but I already bypassed it quite a while ago ;).

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Obd2 port and cigarette lighter normally same circuit if the fuse is blown it causes obd2 not to work