Can't connect to OBDII

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'll have to go into my iPad when I get home to see what I purchased to get it for my 97

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Thinking back about it, I just found the GM trans temp PID in the menu that shows all PIDs and when I clicked on that one Dash Command gave me the option to upgrade to gain access of that PID

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking back about it, I just found the GM trans temp PID in the menu that shows all PIDs and when I clicked on that one Dash Command gave me the option to upgrade to gain access of that PID
I got a feeling, although you can access it with 97 4l80e, I won’t be able to with a 96 4l60e.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If you connect to the truck and look at all PID's I think it will show available for purchase or not

Jdeckm

Reaction score
Been busy lately finally had a chance to try and connect to my 2014 Sierra. Worked perfectly so I guess that rules out the not compatable with GM. Found a wire that’s cut under the dash. How would I even get to that to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 9

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Been busy lately finally had a chance to try and connect to my 2014 Sierra. Worked perfectly so I guess that rules out the not compatable with GM. Found a wire that’s cut under the dash. How would I even get to that to fix it?

Ouch, thats a tough one!

That would be one very specific reason to use pinch connectors. Just to make sure it works then when you get time drop the steering column, solder it correctly.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check these out. I have some, and they absolutely work.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jdeckm

Reaction score
I assume you guys are referring to the butt crimps? I got crimps the only problem I wouldn’t be able to get it in. There is no room at all. Can you take the steering column out?

Jdeckm

Reaction score
I assume you guys are referring to the butt crimps? I got crimps the only problem I wouldn’t be able to get it in. There is no room at all. Can you take the steering column out?
Just saw the video aren’t those meant for taping into?