O2 sensor trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
All four sensors have just been replaced, no leaks and these are the codes I’m getting. Any of you guy have this problem before and find a solution to it ?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are no activity codes (and both on the downstream sensors), meaning the rear sensors aren't reporting anything at all. I've never had that issue in one of these trucks, but I did just deal with the same issue in an 8th gen Impala. Some pesky rodent had chewed through the wiring to the front sensor. Repaired that, no more issues.

Reaction score
check wiring.the signal isn't getting to the ecm, or you have 2 bad sensors that aren't providing crosscounts. unlikely. reseat the connectors to make sure you have contact sometimes those weatherpack connector's seal will bunch up preventing a connection. .

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Did you get those codes before replacing the sensors?
Yes, that’s the reasoning in behind changing the sensors. I’ve checked all the wiring and to my eyes everything looks good that way.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I bought new cats, the whole y pip from the manifolds back to 3 bolt flange behind the cats. So far it hasn’t thrown the code, didn’t get a chance to drive it down the road. I’ll run it today to see if the codes come back.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
The wiring can "look good" but like C1500 & df2x4 said, you should check to see if the wires can carry current and if they're not broken somewhere else by seeing if a signal is getting to the ECM. It's plausible something rubbed through or chewed a wire somewhere out of sight.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
"Obviously, you're not a golfer."

The only ways I know to check resistance/continuity would be to use a test light or a multimeter. What I meant by "see."