O’Reilly Reman Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kade seaver

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with putting one of these in and if it was worth it I have a 1998 Chevy k1500 5.7 and I put a bunch of money in the truck already and want to get a motor that will be reliable. Thanks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with putting one of these in and if it was worth it I have a 1998 Chevy k1500 5.7 and I put a bunch of money in the truck already and want to get a motor that will be reliable. Thanks
Yep, mass produced crap. I won't order another head or engine from a parts house again. Straight to the machine shop with all of them!

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

If it’s the “PowerTorque” branded engine, run. It’s really an ATK who make engines for all the parts stores - oreilly, Napa, advance, autozone etc. even summit racing and Jegs carry some of their junk.
Oreillys has the option to sell you a different brand through their “OSP” (outside purchase).

Silvio Iacuone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a parts house 6.5 diesel for a K3500 and it is definitely questionable. I don't know if they reused gaskets or what, but it is definitely a road oiler. Leaks about the same as the 170k mile engine that came out.