nv3500 TO T56 Swap?? Whose Done it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
My dad has a 95 silverado and we are looking to do a t56 swap along with 4.56 gears. Has anyone done a swap from a t5 to a t56 on these trucks and any links you could shoot my way?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never dont an NV to T56 swap before, here's the link to my 4L60e to T56 swap writeup:
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?632-GMT400-4L60e-to-T56-swap-write-up-*dialup-warning*

yours would be simmilar, likely a bit easier too. you wouldn't have to worry about adding in the clutch pedal/master cylinder/(possible) wiring etc. but you may have to deal with some different issues, i.e. the T56 shifter in its stock location will not protrude from the same location in the cab, you can relocate the shifter which I talk about in my writeup which will bring it pretty close, but it requires altering the main shift rail of the T56, some people may not be willing to get into it that deep...you also might have crossmember problems if the NV3500 isn't similar to the 4L60e crossmember, the NV may also be a different length than the T56 which would require possible driveshaft altering, and possibly a different trans yoke.

thats the differences I can think of off the top of my head, but there are likely a couple more minor differences.