NOT A LEAN VS RAKE THREAD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now what im wondering if i can just eliminate the whole power assist setup and go with a 96 PS pump and gear box.............

Yes you can, or just change the fitting in the pump an the pressure line to 96 parts if your pump is fine....

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you can, or just change the fitting in the pump an the pressure line to 96 parts if your pump is fine....

Awesome , i kinda thought i could...
Well i just put a new gear box on, im going to replace my PS pump it is starting to make a lil noise when i first start the truck in the cold mornings.

So i will replace the gearbox, lines and PS pump with 96 parts and eliminate the whole problem. I read where GM made a delete kit for this problem but cant seem to find it..

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get a pump for a 96 it will probably already have the fitting in it so I'd just use the 96 hose as well. The GM delete kit was just so you could keep your factory line. A new 96 line is cheaper than that kit though :crazy: :lol:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplugged The power steering (PS) solenoid actuator behind the PS pump and what a difference. Truck tracks straight and i dont have to fight with it anymore....

Steering is over boosted but its like driving a lifted caddy.......

SOOOOOOO SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTHHHHHHH

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Unplugged The power steering (PS) solenoid actuator behind the PS pump and what a difference. Truck tracks straight and i dont have to fight with it anymore....

Steering is over boosted but its like driving a lifted caddy.......

SOOOOOOO SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTHHHHHHH
can you explain to me what doing this does? i have similar problems

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you explain to me what doing this does? i have similar problems

Well not ever truck responds the same , but in my case it let me take control of my truck again. For example being in a long turn and then the steering get REAL loose and then tight or just a straight line it pulls to the left or right depending on road structure like ruts, crowned ect! So all I can say is if you have problems with steering unplug the PS pump and give it a try , it's way over boosted but its smooth.

I used to feel like a ping pong ball bouncing between lanes, now it's a straight line I can even let go of the wheel and it tracks straight . If I did that before I would end up in a ditch!!!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Well not ever truck responds the same , but in my case it let me take control of my truck again. For example being in a long turn and then the steering get REAL loose and then tight or just a straight line it pulls to the left or right depending on road structure like ruts, crowned ect! So all I can say is if you have problems with steering unplug the PS pump and give it a try , it's way over boosted but its smooth.

I used to feel like a ping pong ball bouncing between lanes, now it's a straight line I can even let go of the wheel and it tracks straight . If I did that before I would end up in a ditch!!!

yep mine does the same thing. so i wont have power steering right? isnt that a ***** for parking?