no powersteering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I randomly lost powersteering today i had it in 4lo in deep snoe and had the wheel cut and i stomped on it and when i went to turn straight again had nothing and it has fluid and the belt is on it any ideas? Its my 98

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
check the pump? I have no idea. Just throwing that out there.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
It sounds like it could be a steering box issue, not a pump issue. I assume you regained power steering?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck? Mine was at 156k and the pump was on it's way out.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Check the pump, all the hoses and pipes, and if all else fails, try bleeding it. You may have gotten air in the line somehow. :shrug:

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Check the pump, all the hoses and pipes, and if all else fails, try bleeding it. You may have gotten air in the line somehow. :shrug:

it was low and there is a small leak somewhere but its just a drip that ive noticed.... i worked fine then i shut my truck off and when i started it i clicked it into 4lo then cut the wheel and stepped on it and when i went to go correct it i had all i could do to straighten the wheel

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The EVO valve in the steering pump took a dump. The same exact scenario occurred with our Denali.