No Noises, Not moving in any gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of floor pan mods did you have to make in the El Camino for the trans. Any required?

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a total pump explosion. I do not see any pieces anywhere else in the tranny. I’m planning on reusing the housing because if I have to build a tranny it’ll be the 4l80e core I have sitting around. Any recommendations on pump kits?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pump body and cover are usable in my opinion not perfect but no deep gouges. The transmission center .net only sells billet or OEM rotors as they claim aftermarket rotors fail early. I measured the old ones and ordered new AC Delco parts of rockauto. Toatl cost will be around $100

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update... Got the tranny back in and it seems to be working now. Had a mishap with a thrust bearing and forward sprag washer trying to occupy the same space. Had to order some additional parts. One thing I did notice was that when the pump went it deformed the notches on the converter pushing them in slightly. measuring carefully with a caliper u beat them back out using a punch but I think if I didn't notice that my new pump would meet an early demise.

Gotta go for some more seat time before I trust it.

FYI the pinch weld between the firewall and the tunnel on a G-Body makes the GMT400 stud bolts a really bad idea.

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the limited fix has held up to 650 miles of Rocky Mountain Race Week. No quarter mile passes but I did find out going into limp mode with a transgo stage 2 shift kit is rather strange. I could get 1st gear with no apply pressure, 2nd gear and 3rd gear worked as normal. Fixed the wire and all was good.