No links in sigs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just loking around, and i've found that most people that are caught spamming and such tend to have a link in their thread to some auto site for unrelated parts. I'm assuming this is to "assist" with google pagerank and such. Maybe if we allowed it so that people with under 50 posts can't have links in their sigs it will cut down on spamming slightly?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Just loking around, and i've found that most people that are caught spamming and such tend to have a link in their thread to some auto site for unrelated parts. I'm assuming this is to "assist" with google pagerank and such. Maybe if we allowed it so that people with under 50 posts can't have links in their sigs it will cut down on spamming slightly?

There's two members, both seen HERE (post #51 and #52) that do that, from what I've seen there just trolls or just members that haven't established themselves.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny, those are the two i was referring to..saw one welcoming the other yesterday. made no sense

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am talking to Mike about this. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it, don't worry. But for now there is nothing I can do. I am talking to Mike about it, I'm waiting to hear back from him on the problem.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There's two members, both seen HERE (post #51 and #52) that do that, from what I've seen there just trolls or just members that haven't established themselves.

They both have gone bye bye!!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggs, you should PM me your number, as I have Mike's but just in case more odd stuff like this pops up.