NO HEADLIGHTS!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I somehow lost my headlights,my truck is a 1998 1500 wt with daytime running lights.not sure if its a bad switch or a relay??? Has anyone had this issue before?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Nope... Usually when I look for my headlights they are still mounted to the front of the truck. :hidesbehindsofa:
Ha sorry I couldn't help myself

In all seriousness I would assume it was the switch or the relay like you said. I would check to see if you have power coming to the switch and then out of it when it is on. this will tell you if the switch is working properly.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If you have a tilt column drop the lower plastic cover and see of the wires have broken off at the multifunction switch connector. All the headlights are routed through the multifunction switch.

Mine broke off after all the years of flexing. Its a 98 also....

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly what great white said; the wires are puny and lots of tilt up/down will break them, in the area of the tilt knuckle (1995-up)

Also, the 1995-up headlight switches royally suck. Try jiggling it on/off a whole bunch while watching carefully. I've even bought brand new ones, from the dealer, that didn't work very well and required a jiggle or two to come on.

Richard

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well they started working again soon after i posted this. However they started acting up a few times since. They start working again on their own.when they go out,theres a buzzing sound coming from the relay block under the dash and the high beam indicator on the instrument cluster stays lit up?! Ill check the wires near the tilt and possibly buy a new switch. Already replaced the realy.thanks