No air on driver vent only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it’s obviously frayed or loose then it’s worth fixing. Otherwise that blower ground goes to G105.

For reference, I get 12.2V on mine with ignition on/engine off whether I ground it to the blower ground or to the horizontal bar behind the glovebox. You have nearly 0.5V difference when you ground to the ground wire. That seems high to me.
Checked the ground. Isn’t dirty and is tight. I took the wires off the motor and tested them. Truck off they’re at 12.5 with it on they’re at 13.75 but when it gets plugged in it drops down to 12

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that lowest 12V backprobing it? Mine was 12.2V regardless of ground and 12.6V on the red wire (battery feed) at the high speed relay connector.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that lowest 12V backprobing it? Mine was 12.2V regardless of ground and 12.6V on the red wire (battery feed) at the high speed relay connector.
I didnt check it at the relay I checked it where it goes on the motor

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took out my motor and tried to spin the cage and it would barely move. Think it’s shot?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t remember how freely they spin, but think some resistance is normal. If it’s the original blower (will have a sticker that has a date and “Rochester” on it) then it may be worth a shot.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t remember how freely they spin, but think some resistance is normal. If it’s the original blower (will have a sticker that has a date and “Rochester” on it) then it may be worth a shot.
I’ll try a new one and check voltage at it and see if it helps

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New one spins way easier but voltage at 12.4 with truck on. Could it be the relay or something cause I’m stuck

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll compare mine this evening, but I’d think it should be a little under 14V (say 13.5?) or pretty close to your alternator output voltage.