No air on driver vent only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The flow through the side vents and a little from the defrost is normal. There is a small channel in the duct that isn’t controlled by a damper so it always sends air through there.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The flow through the side vents and a little from the defrost is normal. There is a small channel in the duct that isn’t controlled by a damper so it always sends air through there.
Okay I sealed the bottom up as best I can little to no airflow coming out of there now same with the evap line area. Turned off recirc and no air coming from under blower but flow is still inadequate. Blower motor replacement?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you compared with another truck?

Even when working perfectly, they aren’t as good as the subsequent generations.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Maybe I guess I can find someone with a truck like mine. It just feels like the high mode is like low on a newer truck. Any mods to make it harder? Do you think a new motor would help?

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Also with the ac on my truck is sluggish and doesnt have power like it does with it off. Know any reason why?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I guess I can find someone with a truck like mine. It just feels like the high mode is like low on a newer truck. Any mods to make it harder? Do you think a new motor would help?

If you sit in the center of the backseat in mine, you can just barely feel the center vent when on high and recirc.

Short of cleaning the evaporator, maybe a new blower and sealing the duct leaks, there isn’t anything that I can think of.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also with the ac on my truck is sluggish and doesnt have power like it does with it off. Know any reason why?

I have two 98s (K1500 and two door Tahoe) and have never noticed that. You might post a separate thread on that - could be compressor issue? Not sure. Does the belt squeal at any time with a/c on?

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have two 98s (K1500 and two door Tahoe) and have never noticed that. You might post a separate thread on that - could be compressor issue? Not sure. Does the belt squeal at any time with a/c on?
Never squeals. Just replaced all lines the condenser orifice accumulator and compressor. And I’m going to test my blower motor rn for correct voltage then change it if it’s low

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you sit in the center of the backseat in mine, you can just barely feel the center vent when on high and recirc.

Short of cleaning the evaporator, maybe a new blower and sealing the duct leaks, there isn’t anything that I can think of.
Voltage at the blower with truck off is 11 and with it on is 12.3. Is that too low? Shouldn’t it be like 14 when running