NNBS seats in OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'd give some serious coin to get some GMT800 leather buckets. The leather ones I had in my '02 were the most comfortable I've ever sat in (8 way power). I've already started looking for buckets. I need to get under the seats and see if there is wiring in my truck.

bobthemonky

Reaction score
I asked one of the techs at the dealership I work at. and he said that you will have to rewire all the electronics in the seat it self as the newer ones are dependent on communication with several computers. (BCM, I think its called a ICM and there is another who's name escapes me at the moment.)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give some serious coin to get some GMT800 leather buckets. The leather ones I had in my '02 were the most comfortable I've ever sat in (8 way power). I've already started looking for buckets. I need to get under the seats and see if there is wiring in my truck.

Every gmt400 I've seen in the pick an pulls has had the harness under both seats with the exception off w/t models. If your current seat has lumbar then you have the harness. Its the same harness for just lumbar or for full power seats...

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't mind the 07+ seats, But the seats in my 95 are pretty comfy, If my back hurts I just either Inflate or deflate the lumbar in the back of the seat. Love them power seats.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Every gmt400 I've seen in the pick an pulls has had the harness under both seats with the exception off w/t models. If your current seat has lumbar then you have the harness. Its the same harness for just lumbar or for full power seats...

My 99 had lumbar driver's and no lumber passenger. It was odd.

I know that heated seats use a different harness, i wired a set in to a 96 K3500 a few years back.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score

I do have lumbar on both sides. So if what you're saying is true I would have power underneath there and I'd just have to splice in for the 800 seats?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have lumbar on both sides. So if what you're saying is true I would have power underneath there and I'd just have to splice in for the 800 seats?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yup its true, idk how the 800 seats hook up but you should be able to do it. It would probably be easier to adapt the 800 seats to a set of 400 tracks though :shrug:

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
You would have to do something with the seat belts because the truck seats have their own which would leave a hole in the panel when you remove the old seat belts (assuming the 95+ interiors are like the 88-94 interiors). The newest luxury model s10 vehicles (before the colorado) are pretty much the exact same seat except the seat belt is not attached to the seat.