Nice boneyard oil pressure adaptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You never know what your gonna find in the boneyard. I was there looking for some GMT400 and mopar small block specific stuff in the truck section. Anyhoo. I stumbled across a late 1970s or early 80s dodge van that had a decent electronic distributor in it I could keep as a spare for another project. Its what was threaded in on the back of the engine that got me thinking. This was a standard NPT threaded adaptor fitting that was screwed into the oil pressure port on the engine block, and had the gage sender mounted into the threaded hole on the 45° angle, and some sort of oil pressure sensored switch threaded in on the 90° port. It looked like a factory installed part, and it obviously was since I grabbed them out of 2 different vans.

These would be great to use on any V8 or V6 that you want the electric in dash gage to work, but maybe you might want to install a more accurate mechanical oil pressure gage under that dash to go with it. I got these with a fair lot of parts but cant imagine them being more than a few dollars each if that's all you went to the boneyard to get. You will need a 1/2" wrench to remove the oil sender, a 1&1/8" wrench to remove the pressure switch, and a 7/8" wrench to spin off the adaptor. These are right on the back of mid 70s thru early 80s small block mopar Van V8s with rear mounted distributors, and are just to the right of the distributor. One was off a 318, the other was off a 360. These might be on the dodge pickups of the same era as well, but the vans are a lot easier to get to with the doghouse cover removed.

Hope this helps
Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: