newer grill in an older truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's the peices I was talking about, if you don't have them (which you won't if you have quad lights), you have to buy them or make your own as I did. I actually used some left over sink supply lines I cut off to make my spacers, the screws fit nicely thru them, and it cost me nothing.

Lmc has the spacers though or tons of junkyards, even ebay.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Not trying to steal the thread here, but im wondering if anyone every tried putting, (not sure what it is called, i guess its a filler peace. the part that goes between the grill and the bumper) on the older grill. Basicly i got an ss grill, but i dont like the little rectangular hole, but the 94 and up have, i think, 4 long holes that look alot better. Would it fit on my grill?

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't even see mine, but no I don't think it will. I think it's bigger right guys?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not trying to steal the thread here, but im wondering if anyone every tried putting, (not sure what it is called, i guess its a filler peace. the part that goes between the grill and the bumper) on the older grill. Basicly i got an ss grill, but i dont like the little rectangular hole, but the 94 and up have, i think, 4 long holes that look alot better. Would it fit on my grill?

No...

llorracs93s10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a picture detailed thread for this swap? Im a super n00b and want to do this to my truck when I get it painted next month. Honestly, I thought it was just about a grille shell, and lights swap and thats it. Seems a bit more than I thought.

kris_kirwan

Reaction score
thank you guys but i ended up wrecking the truck unfortunatley and just put the same style grill back in it