Could I use a Non WT fender on a WT Truck with the WT Grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello GMT400 Forum Users!
My 1994 Chevrolet C1500 WT was in an accident back in June, it did survive.
I was wondering if I could pretty much put any fender from 94-98 on my truck.
Would it matter with the grill?
Thanks in advance!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fenders are pretty much the same, but try and get them as close to your year as possible. The dies to stamp them wear out so there may be small fitment issues.
Unless you wanna change lights, filler panel and bumper brackets and maybe a few other things, stick with the W/T. But if you want to change it up, grab as much as you can off the doner.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Fenders are pretty much the same, but try and get them as close to your year as possible. The dies to stamp them wear out so there may be small fitment issues.
Unless you wanna change lights, filler panel and bumper brackets and maybe a few other things, stick with the W/T. But if you want to change it up, grab as much as you can off the doner.
100% agreed on getting close to your year as possible for best fitment.

They are pretty much the same, with some small variations. Over the years as the underhood accessories changed, the fenders did slightly, too. The holes punched on the inner structure for various mounting clips are what changes (particularly driver side.) 1988-1994 should be pretty much the same. Around 1995-1996 you may see some differences but should be backwards compatible enough to use. The other way (old fenders on a later truck) is a little bit of a hassle.

4x4's with OEM fender flares, and 3500HD's will have holes punched in the wheel opening area for the flare mounting studs to go through, so skip those.

Richard