Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all.

Leon here from the Uk.
I have recently brought a 1994 GMC Sierra c1500, Regular cab and long bed.
unfortunately it’s the V6 but I don’t really mind that for over here.

We don’t see many over here but I am wondering why mine has single headlamps with the sidelights underneath??

is it straight forward enough to swap them
Out for the twin headlamp setup??

also I want to drop the truck and I’m thinking 5/7 and runs it on 15’s
Any help and recommendations would be appreciated

thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, nice looking truck. Lots of good info here and lots of great people. The single headlights were uses on W/T (Work Truck) models. They usually don't come with the amenities the other ones do. I've never done the swap but, FWIU you need to swap the grille too. There are other folks here that know more about it than me. Maybe someone else will chime in. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Welcome, nice looking truck. Lots of good info here and lots of great people. The single headlights were uses on W/T (Work Truck) models. They usually don't come with the amenities the other ones do. I've never done the swap but, FWIU you need to swap the grille too. There are other folks here that know more about it than me. Maybe someone else will chime in. Enjoy!

Thank you

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Neat to see all the places the 400 series trucks are showing up in. I think your truck is kinda cool since it's a GMC and the W/T (work truck) model. Back in the day, the base model truck was a Sierra in the GMC and a Scottsdale or Cheyenne in the Chevy. They were intended for commercial use or for someone who wanted a more basic truck. Over here the #6054 sealed beam headlights they use are fairly easy to find. GM has been using these on trucks since the 1980 model year. The smaller twin sealed beams are original for the 88/89 trucks, but can be adapted to the later ones. There's also threads on here about doing that swap and for going with the composite lens style that the 90- up have stock. If it was my truck, I would keep it the way it is, but I like the W/T grille, especially if color matched to the truck paint as your truck appears to be. Your truck, your decision, but you'll find lots of information here for however you choose......
Edit: looked at the picture again, truck is dark blue, grille is black. D'oh! Looks good though, not too flashy. Subtle is a good thing!

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Yes, you’ll need the grille, headlights with brackets, park lamps, and you’ll also need to swap the electrical plugs for the headlights to use the composites since the W/T headlights use a single plug whereas the higher trim trucks use two plugs, done the swap many times and it can be done in an hour or two given you have all the parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
If it was my truck, I would keep it the way it is, but I like the W/T grille, especially if color matched to the truck paint as your truck appears to be. Your truck, your decision, but you'll find lots of information here for however you choose......
Edit: looked at the picture again, truck is dark blue, grille is black. D'oh! Looks good though, not too flashy. Subtle is a good thing!
I agree with color matching the grille. A navy blue truck doesn't seem to pull off a black grille or black bumpers very well, imo.

Stuckinkali

Reaction score
Welcome, and Nice Clean Truck! As mentioned above, subtle is good... shaved door handles... blended lines, cowl hood, color-matching... most subtleties go unnoticed by the inexperienced but will make your truck stand out.

4.3L TBI should last quite a while. Auto or manual trans?

Again, welcome to the forum :) (Change your oil frequently!!!)

~Andy

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I keep it the way it is.. I'm not even a w/t lover. But yours looks awesome.. over here there always a dark grey or faded grey. Either one not too pretty. Your has indigo blue I think and that black grill pretty. Love your wheels btw if you wanna pretty it up get beauty rings and chevy hub caps if you dont have that already... awesome truck..