Newb Suburban questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
My 96 Suburban has the gate hatch setup like yours. The day button only pops it to unlatch. The lift struts do nothing to help it open. I'd say you should try some wd40 to clean it up then some white lithium to lube it. Might fix it.

My suburban has one overhead knob in the front for the rear air and one above the back seat. It only controls fan speed for the AC. I figure I have no way of heating through the overhead ducts.

Check all the connections for the defroster.

Last edited:

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
I live on a dirt road. After a short time the latch on trunk on my Cruze stopped popping unless someone was lifting on it. A bit of PB blaster fixed it. Have to do it every couple months. I’m sure it’s a similar problem with your latch.

whiteboyslo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My suburban has one overhead knob in the front for the rear air and one above the back seat. It only controls fan speed for the AC. I figure I have no way of heating through the overhead ducts.

Ok, interesting. I did find some other random internet posts that somewhat suggest this is how it works. I read the manual, and while it did have pics of my setup, it didnt explicitly state how it worked.

Mike

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the RPO label in the glovebox. Do you have RPO code C69 (rear air) and/or C36 (rear heat)?

It sounds like you have C69 (air only), as there would be additional dials for temperature if you have a rear heater core.

Check the number of lines going into the floor under the passenger wheel well. If you have four, then you have heat and air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiteboyslo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the RPO label in the glovebox. Do you have RPO code C69 (rear air) and/or C36 (rear heat)?

It sounds like you have C69 (air only), as there would be additional dials for temperature if you have a rear heater core.

Check the number of lines going into the floor under the passenger wheel well. If you have four, then you have heat and air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. C69 only. No C36.

Mike