New truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nah you should be good...the only thing I would watch out for is the long speed bumps. They'll get ya

Luckily not too many of them around here. Just big curbs going into most of the parking lots, but with a 3/5, I don't think I'd have any problems with them

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
draggin that looks great. How old is the paint on that truck? I'm trying to revive my paint from 95 to look like that. I did a compound with buffer followed by a finishing wax. It looks okay but looks like I'm going to need alot more and maybe some Adam's products this time. If you have any suggestions lemme know! It's just faded and has spider web swirls all over. Looks great in the shade but not so hot in direct sunlight.

Also, is that the same truck as what's in your sig? I wanna see some pics of the build of this truck in your sig man! So clean.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 96, it used to be a CC dually. It's dirty in the pic and need's lowered more really bad, it is lowered 2-4, it will be 4-6 soon.

That truck looks great! I want your wheels btw! Thats what I used to have on my ecsb thats bagged, but I sold them to a friend. Worst mistake I made, cause they don't make them in the correct offset anymore. lol What size tires are you running on those 20s?? And with my crew, once I get the step bed on it, should I mold in a pan, and try to find a hidden hitch, or just leave the bumper? So many choices to make with this truck!

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cannot understand why the pics are coming out so crappy off my phone, it has an 8mp camera built in, but for some reason they are coming out so small! Never done it before. Anyway, here's one I just took. Anybody that wants to take a shot at photoshoping it, feel free to play around. I'd love to see what yall come up with, just nothing slammed haha
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
draggin that looks great. How old is the paint on that truck? I'm trying to revive my paint from 95 to look like that. I did a compound with buffer followed by a finishing wax. It looks okay but looks like I'm going to need alot more and maybe some Adam's products this time. If you have any suggestions lemme know! It's just faded and has spider web swirls all over. Looks great in the shade but not so hot in direct sunlight.

Also, is that the same truck as what's in your sig? I wanna see some pics of the build of this truck in your sig man! So clean.

Thank's man, that truck was repainted in ppg dbc black in 2009, and no it's my DD and the truck in my sig is my project truck, I am going to buy another obs CC soon though I need another dedicated worktruck. As far as buffing and polishing/waxing goes I like Meguiar's and Mother's product's, but I have heard good stuff about Adam's pruduct's too. I would clay bar it then use a body cleaner, next polish it then a good wax, but if you are seriously considering painting the truck soon, then don't do all of that because having a heavy waxed surface can lead to fish eye problem's even when you use a wax and grease remover.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That truck looks great! I want your wheels btw! Thats what I used to have on my ecsb thats bagged, but I sold them to a friend. Worst mistake I made, cause they don't make them in the correct offset anymore. lol What size tires are you running on those 20s?? And with my crew, once I get the step bed on it, should I mold in a pan, and try to find a hidden hitch, or just leave the bumper? So many choices to make with this truck!
Thank's man, I like the truck but I want to make some changes including installing a 03+GMC front bumper with driving light's, I am running 275/45/20's on that truck plenty of sidewall to still ride decent. Man I like the rollpan and hidden hitch idea but I don't care for a molded roll pan on a stepside because I have never seen one that didn't eventually crack where it's molded. That's just my opinion. You can't go wrong with that truck either way you go.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank's man, I like the truck but I want to make some changes including installing a 03+GMC front bumper with driving light's, I am running 275/45/20's on that truck plenty of sidewall to still ride decent. Man I like the rollpan and hidden hitch idea but I don't care for a molded roll pan on a stepside because I have never seen one that didn't eventually crack where it's molded. That's just my opinion. You can't go wrong with that truck either way you go.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I think I'm gonna stick it out with a bumper out back, just try and decide something to do to modify it a little. You going to keep the 275/45s with the 4/6 drop??