New truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, got back from vacation day before yesterday, sold the regular cab yesterday, and bought my new truck this morning. How about some opinions?? Also, this will be my DD/tow pig, so I don't want it too low, but I need ideas on what size drop, as well as which wheels to throw on?? They will be 20s, just want some opinions on which ones! Thanks in advance guys, hope you enjoy! And sorry about the crappy cell phone pics and dark, just got home from a friends wedding
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

--Josh

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You got it! Great job man it looks great we need some better pics tho asap!

5/7 would be way too low but you gotta remember this site is filled with truck modders so they'll suggest you bag it and tow it lol but I think 3/5 sounds perfect.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5/7 is too low for what I need it for. 4/6 would be the lowest I'm considering at this point, 3/5 if I can manage to do so without removing the overload leaf spring is more what I was looking at.

3/5 is the way to go, thats exactly what i want to do but i want to keep my springs.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just lower it lol, any thing is better than stock ha ha, are you going to get a cowl hood, and de-mold it?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
20's on a tow vehicle???? You sure about that? Wouldn't you want more tire, less rim on a vehicle like that? Just wondering, I would think 15's or 18's would be fine. Depends on the type of work it's doing though.....

Nice truck, I really like the CC OBS trucks, you have no idea how jealous I am that you guys can roll your rear windows all the way down. haha.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
nice ride! tons of potential and with how your ext cab looks you'll have this one looking awesome aswell. 4/6 would look good but a 3/5 would be better for everyday use and hauling/towing. you can just use 3'' coils up front, and out back ive seen 4'' drop leafs with 1'' shackles but your probably gonna wanna notch since you'll be hauling and towing so id say a flip kit with lift blocks would be the best bet

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! Its got a long way to go, but it'll get there! If I can manage to figure it out just right, I believe ill be going with 3/5 on 20s with a 45 series tire to give a bit of extra meat, maybe even a 50 series, depending on the backsoacing of the wheels, and also the air helper bags to help tow. The truck is in good shape, but tons of small dings everywhere, and the drivers side of the bed is smashed pretty bad, but I have a donor bed sitting out back in great shape! Oh yeah, did I mention the donor bed is already white, and is a stepside!!! Im so ready to get the beds swapped out! Any wheel opinions guys? Already know I want 20s, but need some ideas on which wheel. I will only go with something simple, preferably a 5 spoke design! Let's see those wheel ideas! Thanks guys!
--Josh