New truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes they are just barely taller that stock size, and will clear fine, plus I like some sidewall.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank's man, that truck was repainted in ppg dbc black in 2009, and no it's my DD and the truck in my sig is my project truck, I am going to buy another obs CC soon though I need another dedicated worktruck. As far as buffing and polishing/waxing goes I like Meguiar's and Mother's product's, but I have heard good stuff about Adam's pruduct's too. I would clay bar it then use a body cleaner, next polish it then a good wax, but if you are seriously considering painting the truck soon, then don't do all of that because having a heavy waxed surface can lead to fish eye problem's even when you use a wax and grease remover.

Well I want to do a full on 8 hour paint correction/detail to bring the complete potential of the deep glossy shine of my stock 95 black paint...I got a buffer and put on a compound and waxed it today but I still have very obvious spider swirls so I'm trying to figure out a list of what all I can do that would take a whole day. If I can bring back the gloss and shine, then I'm not going to paint it (well maybe still the rockers) but not the whole thing. Anyway, definitely going to detail this thing first so if you know what all the steps are send me a pm or something! Trying to figure this one out.

I don't want to keep blowing up nvr2lo's thread here with the new truck with my BS, sorry about that bro. I'm looking forward to getting some bigger pics for sure. It's hard to really see all the details but I get the idea. You going to pull that molding off?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I want to do a full on 8 hour paint correction/detail to bring the complete potential of the deep glossy shine of my stock 95 black paint...I got a buffer and put on a compound and waxed it today but I still have very obvious spider swirls so I'm trying to figure out a list of what all I can do that would take a whole day. If I can bring back the gloss and shine, then I'm not going to paint it (well maybe still the rockers) but not the whole thing. Anyway, definitely going to detail this thing first so if you know what all the steps are send me a pm or something! Trying to figure this one out.
Yeah it would be great if you are able to make it really shine again!

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I don't want to keep blowing up nvr2lo's thread here with the new truck with my BS, sorry about that bro. I'm looking forward to getting some bigger pics for sure. It's hard to really see all the details but I get the idea. You going to pull that molding off?
No problem man, and yes, the molding will be coming off, but right now its hiding a few dings I imagine, so I'll probably hold off till closer to time that I paint it, not sure yet

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
I hate you. Just sayin. I am jealous of all you ccsb owners. I think 4/6 with a 245/50/20 front and a 275/45/20 rear with helpers would be perfect. Along with a set of front and rear sway bars. Truck looks like a clean slate. I dunno why but I dontknow how I feel about the stepside bed on the crew cab. No offense Draggin :lol: But Id personally stick witht he fleetside bed. Still a badass truck Josh, Cant wait to see the build thread.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No offense taken, I am glad that people have different likes, otherwise everything would look the same.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not only that, but it'd all be quite pointless wouldn't it? Personal expression. Prbly one of the best things ever.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate you. Just sayin. I am jealous of all you ccsb owners. I think 4/6 with a 245/50/20 front and a 275/45/20 rear with helpers would be perfect. Along with a set of front and rear sway bars. Truck looks like a clean slate. I dunno why but I dontknow how I feel about the stepside bed on the crew cab. No offense Draggin :lol: But Id personally stick witht he fleetside bed. Still a badass truck Josh, Cant wait to see the build thread.
Well, I've always been more of a fleetside fan myself, but the drivers side of this bed is pretty rough, and I have a white stepside just sitting here, so im gonna throw it on and give it a try. If I don't like it, then ill find another bed.
I do want to ask tho, why a 50 series up front and a 45 series out back? I would think the larger profile would go better in the rear where it can tuck up into the fender a bit. And with this truck bein 20 ft long, im still worried 4/6 might be too low! Lol its such a tough decision, even tho I know 4/6 is the look id prefer, I want it to still be 100% functional with no issues anywhere I go.
--Josh

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Id just stick with the factory bumper. If your keeping the chrome front bumper, keep the rear chrome but if you colormatch the front, get a w/t bumper and colormatch it imo.

Thank's man, I like the truck but I want to make some changes including installing a 03+GMC front bumper with driving light's, I am running 275/45/20's on that truck plenty of sidewall to still ride decent. Man I like the rollpan and hidden hitch idea but I don't care for a molded roll pan on a stepside because I have never seen one that didn't eventually crack where it's molded. That's just my opinion. You can't go wrong with that truck either way you go.

when you decide to get rid of that front bumper let me know