New truck dude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi here to keep my truck as original as possible and add preventative maintenance parts. Also question on putting new tires on OG rims. I’d like some new tires with the of rims. I was told there is a chance of other parts rgetting worked harder if I when up to 20”. Would that apply to a bigger tire on my 16”. I just want something All terrain with a meaty “look” but highway smooth I wanna avoid a lift

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any time you change the weight of your wheels and tires, the rotating force and sprung weight will change as well.
This will change acceleration, braking, rear axle ratio, ABS system, shift points etc.
But if you stay close to stock tire size, not going from 29ish inches to say a 37"-40" tire, you should be ok. As long as your parts are already in good shape or replaced with quality pieces.
There are entire aftermarket companies that make beefed up parts so they aren't affected as much by going beyond stock.