New to the site have a few questions about my 97 1500!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MULLINSB77

Reaction score
hi, my name is bob just got my 97 1500 that iv been looking for for a while "its hard to find one around michigan in good shape" i have a couple questions maybe someone can help me with. i want to static drop the truck i love the way the 4/6 looks but a tow a 8x10 aluminum trailer with two atvs will i run into problems should i go with a 2/4 and on the 4/6 how far is the frame from the ground. thanks for any help here is a pic of my truck this is how i got it except i painted the rims and put the center caps on. plans are gmc grill and composite headlights, ram air hood, paint it flat black base clear, drop it, and a set of black 20" or 22' irocs
You must be registered for see images attach

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My suggestion would depend on how much you wanted to do to your truck. You shouldn't have any problem towing with a 4/6 drop and a trailer, taking into consideration the load is evenly distributed over the axle. The flip side to that is you can run helper bags like alot of guys here do and you wouldn't have anything to worry about. The 2/4 kit works just as good but if the bumper weight is increased it could bottom out without the c-notch installed. I've seen guys tow with both drops, so with that in mind, your options are endless with these trucks!

MULLINSB77

Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking all i tow is a 8x10 alum trailer with a yamaha grizzly and ltz 400 on it.
the boys

mine

Last edited:

Lonestarstunner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice quads man, we pulled quads, and a 6x10 steel enclosed trailer with dropped trucks all the time so I'd say your good.

Foxpak

Reaction score
You'll have no problems towing at 4/6. Will want to notch the bed floor brace to help clear the rear axle. Helper bags will definitely help.

MULLINSB77

Reaction score
Well rims where the last thing on my mind but a great trade came up so with no money out of my pocket i got these. I am going to get bigger tires in about 2 weeks these tires are almost new but i need a bigger side wall lol! Tell me what you think.