New to me ‘97 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WallyV

Reaction score
My family has outgrown my ‘02 Silverado 3500 ECLB, so I picked up this 1997 CCLB K3500 SRW Cheyenne. 219k miles SBC 350, nv4500, 14 bolt posi rear. It’s in really good shape for the amount of use. Going to drive it pretty much as is for a while, then I have to get the old man out of this thing with a lift, bumpers, wheels and tires. Looking forward to the forums help and guidance as needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

WallyV

Reaction score
Nice truck! Don't be afraid to drive it as is..sometimes guys get too caught up in thinking they have to SAS/Cummins/BroDozer everything. These trucks are pretty great as is.

I agree, but with the roads I drive on for hunting and adventuring this long wheel base is going to need an altitude adjustment. The 4.10:1 rear gears and 26" tall tires is not the best combo, I could use a little boost in lift and a tire overdrive. I have a '79 Bronco with 37" tires and lockers, built BBF 460.....etc for bashing on.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck! I wish my truck had those tripod mirrors.