new to gmt400 love this place. The story of Ole Res

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olered98

Reaction score
Well hi everyone.
So i have ole red...or my 1998 gmc k1500....i bought for 1200 bucks. Had to trailer him home as the trans was blown.....it had a 1980 block with vortec upper end on it....and the factory 4l60e in it....it was factory ride height..and bald tires and factory rims....the door handles were all broke off inside..no radio or cd player both were pulled out....but it had potential...
Fast forward 2.5 years and ole red has bad some changes....oh i have a donor truck which is a 1996 yukon.
Now old red has new rebuild stock engine...just a melling high volume oil pump...and diamond fire rings....multiport fuel injection...4l60e full rebuild stage 2 transco shift kit...new solenoids...zpak 3-4 clutches...new sprages..new hardened 13 vain pump...1400rpm stall torque converter...trans cooler not connected to rad.....new fuel pump...full welded 2.25 exhaust with high flow cats (i welded) with full boar cross over muffler...3" rough country suspension lift...rear add a leaf spring pack...cross drilled and slotted front rotors...all new rear brakes and cylinders...drums...all new rough country shocks...all new ball joints..tierods..idler arm..pitman arm...donor steering box and hood...all door parts and gauges.... all blue interior lights....new headlamps....led front signals....and that all i remember right now....will up date more pictures if i find any that are from when he was original....and some during rebuilding
You must be registered for see images attach