New system tomorrow afternoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Makes sense. I have so much crap bouncing around in my toolbox now that it may be a good excuse to clean it out!

haha i know how that goes.. i remember when i could fit 3 cases of beer in mine... now the just float around the box lol

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

By hezsus at 2011-03-01

this is probably what you guys are after, its 2 10's.. (one blew and i put a cheapie in) i wouldnt bother with a single 8, soon as you get it you'll want more.
Honestly people always rag on 8" subs but they are actually pretty good. I put in an 8" in for 2 reasons... I accidentally built my box too small for a 10 and I got a really good deal on an 8" since I couldn't fit a 10" in. I thought for sure It wouldn't be enough but it surprises me on a regular basis. I consider myself somewhat of a bass lover (but not to the extent that it overpowers the rest of the music) and my sub still satisfies me enough to not change it out. I would recommend just getting one of those single 10" boxes that fires up into the bottom of the back seat. I can post pics of my box since it is the same thing just about 1" too skinny on one dimension. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Remember you're not trying to pound it through a trunk/back seat like people in sedans have to. I think firing it up is important because the direction the sub fires can have a large impact and since mine performs so well (I've got other reasoning too) I think that's probably the most ideal direction for our trucks.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
My box here was modded to fit a standard 10, it will fit a skinny/shollow one fine but i had to thin out some of the mdf on the bottom to fit.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i put all my music on a 16 gig flash drive much easier than havin an aux cord layin around all the time and having to worry if my ipods charged or not

crankinstein

Reaction score
... Look it up on Crutchfields website and it will tell you for sure...

There's one stupid question I don't need to ask anymore (speaker size)!

The next is, where is the best place to find the filler panel, tuner delete panel and wiring harness to swap out the factory head unit in my 93 extended cab to a "more modern" unit?

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check with your local stero place, they had everything i needed on the shelf and was only around twenty dollars for the little holder and the piece that the unit fits in