New seat foam for 60/40?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any one know where I can get the new seat foam for the 60 on a 98 crew cab?
I checked theseatshop.com but they don’t have it. Trying to do it right so the new replacement leather doesn’t fail me.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might try these guys (Richmond auto upholstery). They carry the bucket bottom foam but maybe they could source the split bench.

I’d agree, it’s worth swapping the foam out. It made a big difference when I did mine.

https://leather-auto-seats.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might try these guys (Richmond auto upholstery). They carry the bucket bottom foam but maybe they could source the split bench.

I’d agree, it’s worth swapping the foam out. It made a big difference when I did mine.

s

thanks I’ll give them a shout and see what they say.
Theseatshop has the bucket bottom foam too but don’t have the split.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The seat shop is where I got mine. Worst case, you may be able to get it to fill out using an upholstery steam wand/iron thing. I used one on the cushions that I didn’t replace and it worked pretty well. Just let it dry for a while.

Here’s a video someone did.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks for the advice, there is quite a bit of foam missing on the side of the seat that’s why I’m trying to find a new seat foam

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Steam ain't gonna fix that! Lol!
The Seat Shop sells the foam for the buckets. That can be made to work with some modification.
If you're unsure or leery of modifying the foam yourself, once you have the seat torn down, take that new foam & the complete original one to an upholstery shop & they can do the mods for you. They have the proper tools & glues to make it right.

The outside edge of the driver seat in any vehicle always takes a beating. There are a few tricks & mods that can be done in order for that outer edge to stand up better over the long run.
The metal pan of the seat cushion's frame has a bent edge around the perimeter. That edge work is good for giving that relatively thin metal it's strength, but not so good for the foam every time that you get in ior out.
The foam on that outer edge compresses, causing that metal to cut the foam.
When I work on these, I'll glue a couple layers of a good tough material on that bent edge of the pan. Then, on the bottom side of the foam, I'll glue another layer of material across the whole bottom of the foam. It will have to be sliced & diced in such a way that it forms to the shape of the underside of the foam. It doesn't have to be pretty, but it should be relatively smooth as any lumps or bumps will transfer through to your butt.
The new foam will come with some fabric on it. It's nothing more than a serviceable material that meets the basic, bare minimum requirements. It's a 'scrim' fabric that is easy to work with, but so basic bare minimum I won't even keep it in stock.
This may seem like overkill, but if I was to do this project, once it's done, I don't ever want to see it again! There's no $$$ in having to things 2x!
In my shop, this would be a 20 minute > 1/2 hour job.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! Sorry, but no. Southwest coast of Canada. About 2.5 hours north of Seattle. But only about 800' from the Canada/U.S. border. Last house on the street.
Taken at the end of the block. Truck's in Canada. I'm not. I was an illegal alien for about 2 minutes!

You must be registered for see images

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol!
Everything to the left of the T-poles is Washington State.
Yea. That's the border.
7.5 minutes @ 50mph to the actual 'border crossing', & it looks the same the whole way.

You must be registered for see images attach

There's a bar in Ontario where the border runs right through the middle of it. If there was a wall to be built, the people sitting on the American side wouldn't be able to use the washrooms, which are on the Canadian side!

Last edited: