new rear swaybar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
tryying to tighten up the body roll and installed a new sway bar and upgraded all the hardware to energy suspension components
You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
This is one of those that I've been wanting to do for a while. Someone had one on FSC for $125, but I just spent a bunch on other stuff and can't justify it right now.

Let us know how it does. I have different tastes in styling than you do, but your build has always amazed me. That truck is insane. Keep up the great work. :waytogo:

Do you have a dedicated build thread on here?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
no dedicated thread yet..thanks....the bar was a addco..200 shipped to the house and an extra 60 for the addition upgraded hardware....i took my time and about a half a day and it was in....the kit was a 1" bar and i had to modify the locations and end links, because the truck is lowered...it did improve the steering and roll out

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i did a dedicated thread...the truck handles very cool...sticks to the pavement...sway bar works great

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Never seen one that fits over top of the rear end housing. Actually makes sense, on a lowered vehicle, although I don't think that it matters on where they are located as long as it works. One of the bestest mods I've done to my trucks. Good job!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You have different mounts than I do, obviously (!) but I noticed that, with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension, the uprights are perpendicular to the frame, & the bar is parallel to the ground. The optimum setting.
I have to do some mods to mine the achieve that. Either slot the holes on the mount, or drill new holes in the frame. A project that I'm not set up to do, as I would be working under a vehicle on jackstands. That kinda freaks me out a bit. Wish I had a hoist. Gotta book time to use one.
But, even as it is, it is one of the mods that has given the best bang for the buck!