New rear ends coming from GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I've heard that the 2013+ 8 lugs have a different on center spacing than previous years so those wheels won't work with our trucks. Is this true or am I way off here??

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All OE wheels should be hub centric, from 88+ in fullsize at least. I'm pretty sure the squarebodys are as well.

I know that the GMT400, GMT800 and GMT900 all have the same hub centric bore. I have used the same set of hub centric 22s on my 02 and my dad's 09. And my 88 and 02 have also shared a few hub centric wheels as well.

Now, I think it was 05+ the front brakes were increased in size so only 17" or larger will work. So that is where a GMT400 or early GMT800 wheel will not fit a GMT900.

I tried to put the stock wheels from my 98 on that 87 k5 I had an they wouldn't fit. The hub on it was larger than the bore in the rims.

I have also always been under the impression that these trucks (400's) are lug centric as well...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
You can go square body rims on gmt400 but not the other way around. Both are hub centric for correct applications. Technically they are not lug centric even though they use acorn nuts, since the hubs center then.

Sent from my TBI 454 powered android device.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
You can go square body rims on gmt400 but not the other way around. Both are hub centric for correct applications. Technically they are not lug centric even though they use acorn nuts, since the hubs center then.

Sent from my TBI 454 powered android device.
the backspacing will not allow them to work either on solid axles , i already tried it by machining out the rim center