New Hids, Led Mods, and Some headlight buffing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i ordered My Hids from Ddm Tuning I got 10000k 35 watt Low beams and 6000k 55 Watt high beams

You must be registered for see images attach

Quick Picture of the Low Beams

Led Strips Under the light that come on with the low beams

6000k High Beams

Led strips under the truck at the doors that are wired into the curtesy lights so that when the doors are open the ground lights up and when they close the go off

Low beams again but the door is open in this one so the ground is lighting up on the sides from the led mod

I was also getting some dull headlights notice the running lights on the bottom my headlights were originally that dull however i wet sanded them with 2000 and then buffed them The hids broke my wallet pretty good so i couldnt quite get the projectors with them but this ole girl is a work in progress i think i do pretty good considering im 17 paying for it all being the head cook at a bbq restaurant making minimum wage

Tell me what you guys think?
Thanks
Action Jackson

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Happy with DDM?? Besides the shipping?? I ask because I'm going to order mine pretty quick except I'm going with 35w 5000k lows and 55w 5000k highs

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I WAS SO PISSED ABOUT THE SHIPPING ohh and it takes forever... expect a good week and a half for 20 dollar shipping.. either way its still cheaper but i wasnt expecting that at the check out haha. But yeah Be sure to get the Harness from them because my lights wouldnt turn on without it. the only thing about the harness is the length i was hoping to go up against the back side of my fire wall but im pleased with the hids but remember they take like 10 seconds to warm up each time you turn them on

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I WAS SO PISSED ABOUT THE SHIPPING ohh and it takes forever... expect a good week and a half for 20 dollar shipping.. either way its still cheaper but i wasnt expecting that at the check out haha. But yeah Be sure to get the Harness from them because my lights wouldnt turn on without it. the only thing about the harness is the length i was hoping to go up against the back side of my fire wall but im pleased with the hids but remember they take like 10 seconds to warm up each time you turn them on
Thanks! Yeah I had a buddy order some for his car and it took a month to get here... Yeah I'm going to get the HD harness from Mean Green with the 4-HI built in, and he hand builds them, so it'll be plenty long enough, and yeah my parents have HIDs in their vehicles... Thanks for the help

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My $0.02 - I am not a fan of HIDs in non-projector headlights to start, but anything above a 5k 35w/6k 55w just looks ghetto and headlight output suffers. With a 5k, the light output is superb and you can still tell they are HIDs.

Either you don't have 10k HIDs or your camera isn't showing how blue they really are.

I live close to DDM Tuning. Their showroom is like 10 miles from my work.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My $0.02 - I am not a fan of HIDs in non-projector headlights to start, but anything above a 5k 35w/6k 55w just looks ghetto and headlight output suffers. With a 5k, the light output is superb and you can still tell they are HIDs.

Either you don't have 10k HIDs or your camera isn't showing how blue they really are.

I live close to DDM Tuning. Their showroom is like 10 miles from my work.
Yeah I don't like the so called "ricer" look, but my friends 12k were quite "crystal" colored... so I don't know

ActionJackson

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought they were gonna be bluer to but its not like the box is labeled or anything so theres a chance they didnt even give me 10000s but im happy with them

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you look at all of the high end cars, their headlights are never above 5k and since they have higher quality bulbs, they have a broader temperature output. I would say most high end cars range from 4500-5000k temperature range. I run 5ks in my car, and whenever I go alongside a premium car mine are more blue still then theirs.