New here with some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone I"m new to GMT400 and I have owned one of these trucks for about 3 years. This is my first truck and my first GMT400. About a month and a half ago the 211,*** mile 5.7 decided to throw rod #7. I however had decided a week before i would not get rid of the truck. My dad wanted me to sell it as is and buy a buddies 94 F-150. I didn't want a Ford I don't like to work on them. However my girlfriend's dad found a newer low mileage 94 5.7 in good condition. Long story short i swapped the engines the new one is running in the truck sounds good with the straight pipe. However i rushed this project to get it running when school came around to end summer. So no paint, no replacing the gaskets, and not removing the hydro-boost steering pump. IF it wasn't my daily and i wasn't so busy I would have done all that. Right now my biggest worries are the broken brake line that i discovered the day we started it and that hydro-boost steering pump. My question is will it work without one return line? I dont think for being 17 and doing most of this my own I'm not doing to bad.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you've done well so far working on your truck.
Can't help much with the H/boost. There's sure to be someone with knowledge chiming in soon enough.

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!

As for your hydro boost, The brake line is probably making it worse. the leaking power steering pump, unless it's pouring out, can be an annoyance, but topping the fluid off will get you by for a short time.