New guy from CT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Welcome to the crew! Definitely looking forward to pics and build threads on these trucks. More specifically the turbo'd 5.7. I'm interested in how this works and issues you may have had setting it up.

Tyler/T-Unit

GMC/Cummins

Reaction score
Welcome to the crew! Definitely looking forward to pics and build threads on these trucks. More specifically the turbo'd 5.7. I'm interested in how this works and issues you may have had setting it up.

Tyler/T-Unit

It's not much to look at to be honest. I ditched the EFI and put a carb on it. It's a really basic set up Stock 5.7 with the manifolds flipped over. A stock turbo off a 6.5, external wastegate, set at 10 psi. 3.5 downpipe (I cut up my old duramax exhaust) to 4 inch muffler and tail pipe. Air to air intercooler from a 1st gen Cummins. To be honest I built it just to see if I could. It's run very good for what it is. A total blast to drive. It could use a bigger turbo but if I did do that I think there would be to much temptation to "turn it up" haha! I want to bring it to the track but other things have gotten in the way. Maybe next year if It doesn't sell this fall.
You must be registered for see images attach
Here a pic of my K3500 with a Cummins in it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It's not much to look at to be honest. I ditched the EFI and put a carb on it. It's a really basic set up Stock 5.7 with the manifolds flipped over. A stock turbo off a 6.5, external wastegate, set at 10 psi. 3.5 downpipe (I cut up my old duramax exhaust) to 4 inch muffler and tail pipe. Air to air intercooler from a 1st gen Cummins. To be honest I built it just to see if I could. It's run very good for what it is. A total blast to drive. It could use a bigger turbo but if I did do that I think there would be to much temptation to "turn it up" haha! I want to bring it to the track but other things have gotten in the way. Maybe next year if It doesn't sell this fall.
Here a pic of my K3500 with a Cummins in it.

Well I'm kicking around ideas for a power plant. I need something fairly light so no big block. I'm setting it up as a sand toy. Leaning towards the trophy truck setup so I can jump it here and there. But part of me wants to retain 4x4 and make a wicked fast sand drag truck. It will most likely go more to the trophy truck end. I would have more fun with it that way. A turbo 5.7 is unique and will still have the grunt and spin high rpms if I build it right.

Tyler/T-Unit

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the site,it's great to have you here.

Tony

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd love to turbo my vortec and keep the OEM EFI setup. More for towing than a hot rod if you know what I mean.

Sent from my Big Block/T56 powered iPad using Tapatalk