New guy, '98 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAvy

Reaction score
Hey all, new guy. Nice original condition Silverado purchased a few months ago. GMT400 has been an awesome resource so far!

All stock with the exception of some smoked lights, tinted windows, tonneau cover and a 2" dropped shackle in the rear. I like the stock wheels but I'd like a little wider tire to fill out the fenders better, maybe a 255/70/15.

Cheers!

You must be registered for see images attach

find duplicate strings

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the stock wheels but I'd like a little wider tire to fill out the fenders better, maybe a 255/70/15.
Welcome, nice looking truck. A lot of guys have gone with 275/60 R15s on theirs. Just a tad shorter than the stock 235/75 R15s. Here's one when I was cleaning it up before we did the spring swap on my 88.

JAvy

Reaction score
Welcome, nice looking truck. A lot of guys have gone with 275/60 R15s on theirs. Just a tad shorter than the stock 235/75 R15s. Here's one when I was cleaning it up before we did the spring swap on my 88.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know they look good on a 2/4 drop but was concerned they will look too short on a nearly stock pickup.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they look good on a 2/4 drop but was concerned they will look too short on a nearly stock pickup.
@kennythewelder has them on his truck too. Here's mine with 275s on the back and 235s on the front. Once I wear out the fronts, I'll match them with the rears.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@kennythewelder has them on his truck too. Here's mine with 275s on the back and 235s on the front. Once I wear out the fronts, I'll match them with the rears.
Sure do. 275/60/15s all the way around.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Always liked those wheels. Welcome aboard.