New From Missouri, looking at a 92

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clayb226

Reaction score
I am new from Missouri, and I am looking at a 1992 K2500, I am curious about what to look for on these rides. It has the 8 lug wheels, a 5.7L with the granny low 5 speed. I have always been a square body man, but am looking to get this truck for pulling stuff and take the older kids fishing and stuff. Was the G80 option common in these rigs? I have not looked at it, what are the probability it has a 14BFF, as opposed to the 14BSF?

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
i have no idea about the 2500 but i've never seen anyone post they got a ff with a 14 bolt in a half ton. think the rears would be the same for a 2500. don't quote me. just guessing.

oh.........and welcome!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Your from Missouri too? Wow, and here I thought me and Blue95 were the only ones.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

clayb226

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and replies. Are these pretty good rigs? I have always been into the older style, and am curious about the IFS, if it has any advantages or disadvantages. I work with several mechanics, some of which own trucks from this era, and they seem to like them, but theirs are 1/2 tons. I had a friend in High School that had a light duty 3/4 ton with the 6 lug wheels, and it seemed OK, but we did not use it to pull and tug and things of that nature. Does anyone know where to find info about these trucks, as in pretty deep info? I am really into doing research before I get a vehicle, plus I will be trading my current pulling ride for it. Thanks in advanced.