New From Indy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all just picked up my first Truck and second Chevy Vehicle.

98 K1500 Z71 5.7 4x4 with 210 on the clock. Extended cab short bed.

Has the typical cab corner and fender rust. But got it for the right price so cant complain.

She will be my winter vehicle as my other vehicle 06 SRT8 Charger does not like the snow at all.

Will post pics once she get a full bath and detail.

Will be reading around the site for things to check for and common issues for the truck. IF there is pointers that you can give me I am all ears. I wrench on cars for fun and have rebuilt a 69 Charger RT 440 and a 69 Dart 340 4 Speed so I will be doing any work on the truck that it will need.

Will be trying to squeeze as much MPG out of it as I can. So thinking first will be Tune up. Plugs wires, Pull the throttle body and clean it, looking into making an Intake but haven't done much research as if it is worth it on these vehicles. Looking at the summit headers and an exhaust system.

Any other pointers for better MPG I will take them.

Thanks
Luke

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Fort Wayne! Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
here she is. Got a new windshield yesterday as the prior one was cracked in about 4 different places and the prior owner never wanted to fix it. Also probably the first bath this thing has seen in years. Only had time for a quick wash and nothing more this morning before work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Prior owner also hadn't cleaned the bed out in I don't know how long. Cleaned it out this morning and was at least 100 lbs of dirt, sand, rocks and garbage in the bed of the truck, does that count as a weight reduction mod?

Plans
- New headlights that are brighter than the current candle bright ones
- LED dash lights already on order
- cut out/stop rust the best I can to the fenders, bed side, and cab corners
- Fender flares for the hack job on the rust that will follow
- new crossover pipes with cat deletes also and probably a spintech or supper 40 with exit on the passenger side
- possible summit headers (still deciding if its worth dog house from the wife)
- tint on the front door windows

and that about sums it up for the time being.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Headlight housing and headlights went in last night.

The Before

After

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
First off welcome! Appears you're on the right track for setting up a reliable truck.

Since I've been through the ringer on exhaust setups (5 in six years of ownership) I'd like to ask a few questions and maybe drop some info for you to think on.

Is there any reason you're planning to go with headers and gutted cats? Have you done much research or asking around on that stuff either? I've got 1200 bucks into my exhaust as it sits and it's still not finished. I went a bit overboard but it runs like new because of it. Every budget is different. I did mine over the course of about three months.
What is your budget.

Ah good old tint. Having it done professionally I assume? I'd recommend it unless you've done it professionally or have access to top quality films. And if you're doing the side windows a six inch brow on the windshield really cuts sun glare during the rising and setting hours. Any idea on darkness?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie