New and having big problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylerrabbit93

Reaction score
Hey guys, first off sorry if I sound stupid about anything, just having problems. So I have a 93 c1500 with a 383 sbc and 4l60e trans, I was coming home from a friends house and I was on the interstate and the throttle got stuck so it put it to redline and I threw it into neutral and killed it. I pulled over on the interstate and saw my air cleaner had a gasket around it that had been stuck in the gates that opem and close in the tbi. Anyway I got it home and I took the tbi off and cleaned the junk inside of them and sprayed some wd40 on the spring that opened and closed the gates. It moves fine when off the truck but when I put it on I really have to step on the pedal and it shoots up to 3k rpms, theirs no real easing onto it. But the real major problem is that I started it up and noticed a real light knocking, I cannot figure out if it's from the engine or trans. So I was praying that the bolts connecting the flywheel to the converter we're lose but they weren't. Also saw a lot of random oil on the starter and lines coming from the trans.

Tldr; throttle got stuck wide open now I hear knocking somewhere from the truck mad theirs random oil

Any help or suggestions would be amazing, don't have the money to engine swap and new trans. Can only afford to rebuild one at the moment

You must be registered for see images attach

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I would bet you need a throttle cable, like $20. Couldn't really diagnose a knock without hearing.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
if you found a chunk of gasket stuck in the throttle blade holding it open then I would guess some got sucked into the engine and caused damage to a push rod or something. this would explain a light knocking you hear.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I would unhook the throttle cable and see if it moves smoothly by hand. Make sure the throttle plates in the tbi are closing all the way, and that they operate smoothly. As far as the knocking goes, We'll need alot more info to try to help you diagnose it, but we can sure help you find it.

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Redlining a small block chevy... And now knocking.. Sounds about right lol.. Been there done that.. Might be a rod bearing