Need VATS removed on my 98 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrenfro96

Reaction score
I have a SBC 350 out of a 69 Chevelle I know its an older block I've put my intake, new Vortec heads, distributor and new timing cover & chain to make it work. I also deleted the egr sensor with the plug in the block and I'm running long tubes with the rear 02 sensors removed and no cats. The problem I'm having is the truck will start up for a second and then die and the security light stays on. I have had this problem before I even swapped the motor, but now its back and I don't know how to bypass it. I need someone who is familiar with these trucks and can delete the VATS for me so I can get It on a trailer and get it dyno tuned. I live in the Houston area so if anyone knows a good tuner that can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As I mentioned in that thread that GL1500 linked, Black Bear Performance can remove the PassLock programming via a mail order tune.